Shop Pay/ Installment Policy
Shop Pay offers customers the option to buy now, pay later. Customers have the option to pay in full at checkout, or to split their purchase into 4 equal, interest-free installment payments for orders between $50 USD and $1000 USD. There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees passed on to customers.
Your customers' credit scores aren't affected if they use Shop Pay Installments. However, if a customer doesn't pay their installment, or they make a late payment, then they might not be eligible to make purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future.
To use Shop Pay Installments, a customer goes through the following steps:
- The customer adds items to their cart.
- The customer checks out using Shop Pay.
- The customer selects Shop Pay Installments and chooses to pay for their order in 4 installments.
After a customer selects Shop Pay Installments, they review their purchase and are presented with one of the following options:
- Make their first payment at checkout
- Make their first payment 2 weeks after the purchase was made
The 3 remaining payments are automatically charged to the customer's debit or credit card every 2 weeks. Customers get an email reminder before each payment is charged.